Monday, April 27, 2009

Kayak Modifications

Over the winter I made a few minor changes to my kayak. I installed an under deck bag (http://www.northwater.com/html/products/sea_kayak/SKsubdirectory/Under-Deck-Bag.html) underneath the foredeck. It was a pretty easy installation, took about 30 minutes.

After installing it, I noticed that there was a space that would be perfect for storing my bilge pump, all I needed was a few d-rings glued to the deck for the bungee's to be tied on to. In the end, this is what it looked like.




I also installed a deck netting that Angie gave me for Christmas. It should make for a more secure place to store my GPS and other items. Here's what it looked like.


There are a few other mods I'd like to do with my boat, but for now, its not time to have my boat laid up in my garage, its time to paddle. Maybe next winter :-)

Rock Over London, Rock On Chicago
Brian

No comments: