Monday, May 11, 2009

Portage to Big Goose Pond

Last Sunday, I had the day off, with no paddling partner, and no car to drive to any put-ins. So it was time to paddle in my own backyard, Little Goose Pond, but this time I decided to make the 400m portage to Big Goose Pond, and paddled its entire perimeter. All together it was about 11kms and took me about 3 hrs. There wasn't a breath of wind and the water was perfectly still. It was great way to pass the afternoon. I also learned an important lesson in physics. If you put the trolley on the stern of the kayak, you have to carry all the weight of the kayak in the front, however, if you move the trolley to the middle of the kayak, it will be balanced and it will be lighter and much easier to pull. Go figure.

This will be my last post for a month or so. Angie and I are taking a 4 week trip to Europe and the eastern Mediterranean on friday. Only 4 more sleeps!

Rock Over London, Rock on Chicago
Brian






1 comment:

Canadian Tourism said...

You should check out this video that we shot with Stan Cook in your next of the woods.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrS9S1i0buY