Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bay Bulls

On Sunday afternoon my wife and I got out for a few hours in Bay Bulls. Nothing serious, just a lazy afternoon on the water. We paddled the south shore of Bay Bulls out to the Big Cove Point and back, stopping into the caves and small nooks and crannies along the way. The total distance was around 10kms. We were hoping to see whales, but had no luck. Maybe next time.

Departing Bay Bulls

Heading for the south side

Interesting side by side slot caves

Lots of caves on the south side

The cliffs are awesome in Island Cove

This small cave went in pretty deep

Heading in around Spoon Island

Going inside Spoon Island


I've always seen this area from the cliffs of the East Coast Trail, never from the water. Its very nice down here.

Angie facing the massive cave in what I think is Long Harry Cove

Me and Ang

A rare photo of me on my own blog :-)

Big Cove

Big cave in Big Cove

More small caves

Captain Orlebars Cairn stands high over Bay Bulls


This one really looks like an open mouth

More small caves

No comments: