Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Colinet Island

Last summer, I took a work colleague on an overnight trip to Colinet Island. He is from Ontario, and was very interested in paddling here, so it was a great excuse for me to get out for a trip. On Friday evening I took him around Spread Eagle and over into Chapel Arm in search of whales, which we did see some minke and a fin whale.

Saturday morning we headed to Admirals Beach St Mary's Bay to paddle across to Colinet Island. I brought along a handline to try for a cod but we had no luck. Saw lots of seals, eagles and another pilot whale. Camped for the night on the southern end of the island, had awesome food and scotch with iceberg ice. Awoke at 6am to torrential rain, which made for a damp breakfast. Lots of sea caves to explore on the way back in the pouring rain.

PS. Funny story, I put my hand in shit when sitting down on the beach to eat my supper. You can't really tell for sure if its shit or not until you put it up to your nose and smell it. Then there is no mistaking it.
 
Anyways, it was a great trip. Here are some photos, sorry it took me so long to share them!















No comments: