Monday, June 28, 2010

Cape Broyle

I know Cape Broyle is old hat to most paddlers in the Newfoundland Kayak community, but no matter how many times I paddle there, it always amazes me. As far as sea caves go, I don't think there is a better place on the island (that's as easily accessible anyways). It was Chad's first paddle, so I don't think we could have had a better day, or a better location for that matter.

We came across a family of otters too, which was really cool.


















A family of otters checking us out



This otter was looking right at Trent









As you can see, lots of caves and waterfalls. Another awesome day on the water.

2 comments:

Mackayak said...

Very nice. If I ever get to Newfoundland I am going to Cape Broyle in a boat!

Brian Newhook said...

Thanks for the comment. NL is an amazing place to paddle, especially in Cape Broyle.